Three Steps to Learning
Step one: Have a Free Taster Lesson
Taster lessons are designed for BEGINNERS to try a class:
- Each session comprises part of the first lesson that a
pupil can expect if they were to attend regular classes.
- They provide an opportunity to see how the lessons are run.
- You will see the content of a typical lesson and meet the teacher.
- You can ask questions of the teacher and other staff at the school.
Following the free taster lessons, we offer special 2 week short courses for
prospective pupils. These short courses are designed to help you
decide if music lessons are going to be the right choice for you and
Step Two: Attend a Short Course
These are designed to give you a longer opportunity to try lessons before
making a longer term commitment:
- Each Short Course comprises two lessons, each an hour long,
on the same day and at the same time as the regular lessons.
- There’s no need to have a musical instrument at home.
- There’s no need to buy any music.
- There’s a reduced price of £20 for the two lessons (£10 each.)
- There’s no long term commitment beyond the two lessons.
Short Courses start soon after the taster session.
After the Short Course, we hope the pupil will be ready for Regular Lessons:
Step Three: Start Regular Lessons
By now you should be sure that:
- You are confident of your child’s interest in music tuition.
- You have an instrument (or will get one, if needed).
- You have somewhere for the pupil to practice – ideally, away from the rest of
- You can ensure daily practice.
- You can support your child by providing the time and encouragement they will need.
- You can ensure that lessons are not missed.
- You have budgeted for the lesson fees, which are £18 per lesson, payable by Direct Debit.
- You realize that having lessons is a commitment and that you can only stop
at the end of a term or half term, subject to giving 5 weeks written
notice. Please check out the
Terms and Conditions.
Take the next step
Interested? We have new classes
that will be starting soon. Click here for details