Three Steps to Learning
Step one: Have a Free Taster Lesson
Taster lessons are designed for BEGINNERS to try a class:
- Each session comprises part of the first lesson that a
pupil can expect if they were to attend regular classes.
- They provide an opportunity to see how the lessons are run.
- You will see the content of a typical lesson and meet the teacher.
- You can ask questions of the teacher and other staff at the school.
Following the free taster lessons, we offer special 2 week short courses for
prospective pupils. These short courses are designed to help you
decide if music lessons are going to be the right choice for you and
Step Two: Attend a Short Course
These are designed to give you a longer opportunity to try lessons before
making a longer term commitment:
- Each Short Course comprises two lessons, each an hour long,
on the same day and at the same time as the regular lessons.
- There’s no need to have a musical instrument at home.
- There’s no need to buy any music.
- There’s a reduced price of £20 for the two lessons (£10 each.)
- There’s no long term commitment beyond the two lessons.
Short Courses start soon after the taster session.
After the Short Course, we hope the pupil will be ready for Regular Lessons:
Step Three: Start Regular Lessons
By now you should be sure that:
- You are confident of your child’s interest in music tuition.
- You have an instrument (or will get one, if needed).
- You have somewhere for the pupil to practice – ideally, away from the rest of
- You can ensure daily practice.
- You can support your child by providing the time and encouragement they will need.
- You can ensure that lessons are not missed.
- You have budgeted for the lesson fees, which are £17 per lesson, payable by Direct Debit.
- You realize that having lessons is a commitment and that you can only stop
at the end of a term or half term, subject to giving 5 weeks written
notice. Please check out the
Terms and Conditions.
Take the next step
Interested? We have new classes that
are just starting. Most of these are full, but in case there is a
vacnacy, or to join our waiting lists, just
get in touch.